Inside My Handbag
I’m always very curious about the inner lives of others, so I have a soft spot for those posts when bloggers give readers a look inside their handbags. Usually it’s a well-curated vignette containing designer sunglasses, a really chic wallet, an iPhone/blackberry/Ipad/Kindle, a healthy little snack of shelled almonds or green juice made from squeezed kale, and beautifully packaged cosmetics. Occasionally someone will admit they cleared out the balled-up receipts and spare change before taking the picture.
Anyway, thought I’d let you go behind my scenes and check out what I drag around on my hip most days. It just occurred to me that I wrote about looking in other peoples’ closets yesterday, so I must have some kind of theme going. Maybe it’s all the spring cleaning I haven’t done yet. Clearly.
2. Nearly destroyed bag of Chex Mix
3. Half-empty bottle of Seltzer water to wash down the chex mix. Those pretzels were making me thirsty.
4. At least seven errant appointment cards
5. New contact cases, fresh from the drugstore
6. a $1 bill and 84 cents in loose change
7. Two homemade “larabars” made with dates, pulverized pecans and coconut
8. last week’s ziploc bag that held two larabars
9. Professional reading material: “I Hate You…Don’t Leave Me.”
10. Beauty tools including a hairbrush with a broken mirror on the back, concealer jar filled with empty promises, a few lipsticks, a makeup brush, contact rewetting drops and a fresh pantyliner
11. Plastic serveware
Another glam slam from Queens! What would we see if you dumped out your purse on the floor right now? (or man-bag, for you non-female readers).